Nuraghe Arrubiu at Orroli (Sardinia, Italy) - today and in a virtual reconstruction. This nuragic complex dates back to ca. 1500 BCE, but it was also used in Roman times. The wide stronghold and the neighboring village cover an area of 3,000 square meters. It owes its name (Red Nuraghe) to the characteristic reddish color due to the lichens that cover the surface of the stones.