Richmond. and State of VA
Last updated 2 years ago
Similar ideas popular now
This May 1957 image shows the Woolworths at Fifth and Broad streets in downtown Richmond. The $1 million building opened in September 1954, and it housed several departments for the nearby Miller & Rhoads, which had an earlier store on the site in the late 1800s. An ad for the Woolworths Easter sale offered handbags for $1, records for 99 cents, and cowhide and plastic belts for between 39 and 98 cents.
This July 1954 image shows the old Trailways bus terminal at North Ninth and East Broad streets downtown. In 1987, Greyhound purchased the assets of Trailways and closed this station, with bus service being consolidated at its Boulevard terminal. The Library of Virginia now occupies the downtown site.