Ιερά Μονή Ξενοφώντος - Holy Monastery of Xenophontos
The Holy Monastery of Xenophontos exists since the time of St Athanasius the Athonite as referred to his biography. The oldest main church, which survives, is adorned with frescoes from the Cretan painter Anthony (1544). The Lity has been painted in 1564 and the outer narthex in 1637. The temple is made of nice Athonite and Tinian marble. Here two mosaic icons from the 14th century are kept, Saint George and Saint Demetrius. The miraculous icon of Panagia Hodegetria can also be found here.