The church is devoted to Panagia Kakaviotissa (Mary of Kakavos) and is located at the top of the Kakavos mountain at Limnos island. It is the only roof-less church in the world. Its existence is know since 1305 when it became part of the nearest monastery. It was established by monks-anchorets during the Byzantine period.
Mt. Athos from Limnos Island - GREECE
Windmills, Limnos, Aegean Sea, Greece by Sotiris Michalelis