Faliro - Exohon A (Thess r.15)

Part A of the aristocratic beauty of the old Exohon Avenue and the New Seafront Parks
19 Pins83 Followers
Abandoned but still impressive this is another building designed by Paionidis in 1878. It is mainly known as Salem residence from the Jewish family that lived here. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

Abandoned but still impressive this is another building designed by Paionidis in It is mainly known as Salem residence from the Jewish family that lived here.

The recently completed Park of the Sculptures. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

The recently completed Park of the Sculptures.

The beautiful seafront park on a moody winter day. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

The beautiful seafront park on a moody winter day.

The Folklife & Ethnological Museum of Thessaloniki is housed on this beautiful 1906 residence of Jako Modiano. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

Villa Modiano - Modiano was one of the rich jewish families in the city. Today houses the Ethnological Museum of Macedonia.

The magnificent sunset of Thessaloniki, here seen from the Park of the Evening Sun. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

The magnificent sunset of Thessaloniki, here seen from the Park of the Evening Sun.

A small monument for the saints Cyril and Methodius in front of the not so small church dedicated to them. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

A small monument for the saints Cyril and Methodius in front of the not so small church dedicated to them.

This 1879 villa by architect Xenophon Paionidis houses the School for the Blind since 1948. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

This 1879 villa by architect Xenophon Paionidis houses the School for the Blind since (Walking Thessaloniki - Route Faliro)

Inside the Yeni Mosque, the newest in Thessaloniki, built in 1902 for the Islamized Jews. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

Inside the Yeni Mosque, the newest in Thessaloniki, built in 1902 for the Islamized Jews.

This 1907 house served as the replacement of Italia Yassan Synagogue that was burnt in the great fire of 1917. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

This 1907 house served as the replacement of Italia Yassan Synagogue that was burnt in the great fire of (Walking Thessaloniki - Route Faliro)

An interesting old baroque resisdence. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

An interesting old baroque resisdence.

This beautiful old mansion now houses the Center for Byzantine Studies. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

This beautiful old mansion now houses the Center for Byzantine Studies.

A crescent moon art installation in the seafront of Thessaloniki and a ship in the background

A crescent moon art installation in the seafront of Thessaloniki and a ship in the background

Sunset at the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki by the Park of the Sculptures. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

Sunset at the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki by the Park of the Sculptures.

Agia Triada is the oldest church of this neighbourhood that shares the same name. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 15, Faliro)

Agia Triada is the oldest church of this neighbourhood that shares the same name.

Pinterest
Search