Western Wall (Thess r.07)

A walk in the city's hidden history
12 Pins83 Followers
The old De La Salle School now houses the Administrative Courts of Thessaloniki. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

The old De La Salle School now houses the Administrative Courts of Thessaloniki.

Pasha Hamam was built in 1530 and operated until 1981 under the name 'Phoenix Baths'. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

Pasha Hamam was built in 1530 and operated until 1981 under the name 'Phoenix Baths'.

The beautiful Agioi Apostoloi church was built in 1314, exactly 700 years ago. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

The beautiful Agioi Apostoloi church was built in exactly 700 years ago.

The many domes of Agioi Apostoloi Byzantine church. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

The many domes of Agioi Apostoloi Byzantine church.

The Ministry of Macedonia and Thrace can be seen clearly from Vardaris or Demokratias Square. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

The Ministry of Macedonia and Thrace can be seen clearly from Vardaris or Demokratias Square.

The courthouse was partly built over the fortress of Top Hane. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

The courthouse was partly built over the fortress of Top Hane.

Going towards the north the wall is in an even better condition. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

Going towards the north the wall is in an even better condition.

The part over Vardaris Square is where the Western Wall is best preserved especially compared to the part below the square where it's almost gone. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

The part over Vardaris Square is where the Western Wall is best preserved especially compared to the part below the square where it's almost gone.

Top Hane or the Arsenal Fortress is located on the spot of the ancient port of Thessaloniki.(Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

Top Hane or the Arsenal Fortress is located on the spot of the ancient port of Thessaloniki.

The Column of the Serpents or of the Riven Stone is the only Hellenistic era monument still standing but unfortunately half buried and neglected. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

The Column of the Serpents or of the Riven Stone is the only Hellenistic era monument still standing but unfortunately half buried and neglected.

There is not much left for you to see from the Temple of Aphrodite that was found here. All of its movable parts have been transported to the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki. (Walking Thessaloniki - Route 07, Western Wall)

There is not much left for you to see from the Temple of Aphrodite that was found here. All of its movable parts have been transported to the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki.

Pinterest
Search