Project Management Essentials
Some pins on project management...
Similar ideas popular now
Modern Landscape Design
15. And never forget: ALWAYS CHECK ON YOUR PERFORMANCE AND TRY TO DO BETTER NEXT TIME
14. Are there any tools to help me? Well, for example, there is one online tool at www.sigmaloop.com (click on PM) You need to contact SIGMA LOOP CONSULTING if you want to use it.
13. Keep track of your project using a project plan.
12. Plan the necessary actions for completing the project.
11. Plan your resources. Decide on who and what (skills for example or money) are required in order to complete the project successfully.
10. Actually 80% of project management is about PLANNING. Never forget the 5Ps. Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
9. Plan what? First of all, plan the goals that need to be achieved in the project. The goals need to be specific and need to be agreed upon by everyone involved in the project.
8. So, why do you need project management? Well, to accomplish something on time and on budget you need to plan, organize, manage and control your resources. And this is what project management is about.
7. You might be alone in this project. Or, it might be a project that involves others. If you are alone in the project, then the only resources that you probably will need, are your time and money. But, sometimes, you will also need to acquire new skills in order to complete it.
6. All projects need to be accomplished within specific deadlines. This could be a deadline you decide for your project or a deadline set by someone else, your boss for example...
5. In both cases there is a goal to be achieved and resources to be used
4. Or something bigger… like getting a new job...
3. Could be something small… like buying a new mobile phone...
2. What is a project? A project is a ONE-OFF task.
1. Do you need to know about project management? Are you working on a project right now? The answer to both questions is YES. Simply because almost everything is a project.