Cheese bombs ☁️🧀 Follow @thatgirlinuae on pinterest & instagram for more delicious food! ❤️
Start by preparing the tangzhong:
• 130 g whole milk
• 30 g bread flour
Add ingredients to a small pot and heat up over medium heat while stirring. Once thickened, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Cool to room temp before continuing.
• 430 g bread flour
• 15 g sugar
• 9 g salt
• 1 large egg
• 150 g whole milk
• All the tangzhong
• 65 g cream cheese, full fat
• 12 g fresh yeast
• 40 g unsalted butter
• 180 g mozzarella or string cheese
• 1 egg for egg wash
Add all ingredients, except butter, to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Knead for 10 minutes on low-med.
• Add cubed, softened butter, one cube at a time. Once all the butter is added, mix for 10-20 minutes until the dough passes the windowpane test.
• Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl—proof at 78F/26C for about 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
Once doubled, punch down the dough to deflate. Divide into 9 equal pieces and roll into rounds.
• Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough rounds.
• Place 20g cheese in the middle and wrap the dough around it to seal. Roll into even balls.
• Place on a lined baking tray, cover, and proof at 78F/26C for about 60 minutes.
• Brush with egg wash and bake at 350F/180C for 12-15 minutes.
Optional toppings: Melt a couple tbsp butter and add chopped herbs (I used rosemary.) Brush the cheese bombs with herb butter and sprinkle with flaky sea salt immediately as they come out of the oven. 🥰
🎥 credits: breadbyelise